5. Shipping methods:
5.1 We can ship to virtually any address in South Africa. Parcels are only taken to courier on Monday and Thursday unless otherwise specified.
5.1.1 Parcels are sent to the address which is supplied by the client on the shipping information section of his/her order. You as the client are responsible to supply us with the correct physical address and contact number. For security purposes we suggest you add two contact numbers. If you should choose a Postnet hub as delivery option it is YOUR responsibility to supply the correct Postnet address in the shipping section of your order. We take no responsibility if you did not supply the correct delivery address and will send the parcel to the address to which you provided.
5.2 Shipping Options:
5.2.1 Aramex store to door courier service:
- Cost = R100 per sleeve
- Items must fit standard plastic courier sleeve (sleeve size when flat is 35 cm x 45 cm). Please note that the courier bags may not be overfilled.
- Parcels which do not fit into aramex sleeves will be sent via other courier, and additional charges will apply, as is mentioned above in point 5.2.1 of shipping options. Cost is determined separately by parcel size.
- Please consider the weight when ordering several heavy items, like specimens with points etc, as these items must fit into a plastic sleeve with packaging materials. If the parcel is found to be too heavy, we will split the order into more than one bag and additional charges will apply. We will contact you if this is the case.
- Fragile goods are shipped at your own risk. We recommend that you pick up fragile and breakable items directly from us. Gemsforhealing can in no way be held liable or responsible for service related issues, beakages or non-delivery of parcels by Aramex.
- Deliveries are done to the physical address you provided, whether it is a home or office block etc. It is your responsibility to follow up with aramex on your parcels location. (If you live in a gated complex check that your gate guards allow entry to the couriers, else parcels might be left with the gate or security guards at the gate.) (If there is protest actions/restrictions/floods etc in your area, this may impact delivery times of parcels).
- Aramex can also deliver aramex sleeves to Postnet hubs. Please supply the correct Postnet branch details on your “shipping information” if you choose this option.
- Delivery to main centres are usually done overnight (high volume areas may take 1 – 2 days) – (main centres include: Bloemfontein, Cape town, Durban, East London, George, Johannesburg, Kimberley, Nelspruit, Polokwane, Pietermaritzburg, Port Elizabeth, Pretoria, Richards bay, Rustenburg, Stellenbosch, Vaal). Areas within 50km around the main centre is still considered to be inside the main areas. We recommend that you follow up with Aramex via telephone immediately if you did not receive your parcel within 2 days.
- Parcels to areas outside of main areas (Regional areas) including farms/plots, lodges, rural areas, locations, settlements etc. will take up to 3-5 days for delivery. We recommend that you follow up with Aramex call centres via telephone immediately if you did not receive your parcel within 3 days. Aramex and most other couriers use third party couriers to deliver in remote areas, this is standard practice. (Please note: Some third party couriers close between the period of 20 Dec – 31 Dec, which may lead to delays in delivery of parcels in some remote/regional areas. In this case we strongly recommend that you rather use the postnet – postnet option during 20 Dec – 31 Dec).
- Parcels are collected by aramex at the kiosk from 15:00 onwards. Parcels are only loaded on the aramex tracking system later that night and can only be tracked from the next morning).
- Track your parcel on Aramex Bot on whatsapp nr +971 4 503 1111 (Type track, wait for reply, type the tracking nr and wait for reply) or use https://storetodoor.aramex.co.za/ (use the track shipment button and enter tracking nr using capital letters and no break between the numbers) or contact Aramex directly on 011 457 3200 or 012 742 0300. Aramex call centres can usually immediately tell you where your parcel is.
- Please note that in the event that your parcel does not fit into a standard aramex courier sleeve, or fits into more than one sleeve, additional charges will be charged. In this instance you will be contacted before the parcels are dispatched. This will also apply to parcels which weigh to much.
- In the event that your parcel requires a dedicated trip, additional charges may apply. In this instance you will be contacted before the parcel is dispatched.
5.2.2 Arrange your own Courier at your own cost:
- You are welcome to use your own courier, and can ask for this option. You will however have to arrange your own courier. We will advise you when the parcel is ready for collection. Be advised that some couriers view us as a remote area and ONLY pick up parcels once a week.
- NOTE: Pudo/Courier Guy takes approximately 1 – 3 weeks to collect from us, so we do not recommend that you use PUDO/Courier Guy to collect from us. Fragile goods are shipped at your own risk. We recommend that you pick up fragile and breakable items directly from us. Gemsforhealing can in no way be held liable or responsible for service related issues, breakages or non-delivery of parcels by your chosen courier. Gemsforhealing can in no way be held liable or responsible if your courier does not pick up or delay the pick up of your parcel from us.
5.2.3 Postnet to Postnet (Aramex to Postnet)
- Postnet to Postnet parcels must be under 5 kg (actual and volumetric weight) for the R100 option to be applicable. If the parcels actual size or volumetric size is larger than 5kg an extra R25 is applicable for every kilogram over the initial 5 kg. Delivery 2 – 3 working days (allow 1 extra day for outlying areas). Track via https://www.postnet.co.za/tracker Please enter your PN or PP tracking number into the text box and click submit to track your shipment. Do not include any spaces. Please Note: Shipment information will appear approximately 8 hours after being handed in at a PostNet store. In the case of a continuous spinning circle, please contact the PostNet Call Centre on 0860 767 8638 for further assistance. PLEASE NOTE THAT IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO TRACK YOUR OWN PARCEL. Fragile goods are shipped at your own risk. We recommend that you pick up fragile and breakable items directly from us. Gemsforhealing can in no way be held liable or responsible for service related issues, breakages or non-delivery of parcels by your chosen courier.
5.2.4 Collect from Gems For Healing
- You’ll receive an email notification with collect instructions when your order is ready for collection. Collection can only be done from Wed – Sun from 9:30 – 16:00. Please notify us when you will be collecting your order. If you choose to nominate someone else to collect an order on your behalf, you will need to provide us with their information for security purposes.