Magic: Protection, healing and purification. Fennel is a controlling herb and also a “twisting” herb. Better used for removing hexes than protecting against them. It’s action is unpredictable. Use this when you want to effect a change in a situation. Hang over doors with St. John’s Wort at Litha to repel evil spirits. Fennel is used for the Gift of sight, Protection, Healing, and Purification. Works well with St John’swort.
How to use magickal herbs:
- Burn over charcoal to add to your rituals.
- Place on altar with your candle.
- Roll candle on herbs and burn candle.
- Add to altar.
- Add to sacred baths and natural beauty products.
- Sew into charms, spell bags, dream pillows, and sachets.
- Offer to deities, spirits and Fae.
- Create your own elixirs and blends.
Medicinal: They are brewed for constipation, to increase breast milk and regulate menstruation; with root extract, they are detoxifying and diuretic. Research indicates Fennel helps repair the liver after alcohol damage. Seed and leaf steam aids deep skin cleansing. Caution: Fennel oil should not be used by epileptics or young children.
- Herbal leaves or flowers: 1 tsp per cup of boiling water. Allow to infuse for 10 min. Strain and drink.
- Herbal powders: 1 tsp per cup of boiling water
- Seeds, bark, roots, stems, berries: 20 gr per 500ml of boiling water. Strain and drink.
Disclaimer: Please be aware that this information is provided solely for informational purposes only. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to using any herbs or treatments made from herbs.